Thursday, August 11, 2011

All Mixed Up


I have mentioned before how much I love patterns, but have I told you yet how great it can be when you mix them. The days of matchy-matchy are over (for some time now I believe) and the fashion world is such a more interesting place without it. I mean come on, Carrie Bradshaw was doing it in the late 90's. It is also way more fun to mix things up!

I think I great place to start when venturing into mixing patterns is stripes. I have seen and worn them mixed with florals, geometric patterns, polka dots, etc. You also really never now how great a pattern mixed with another can be until you put the outfit on. It may look intimidating laid out on a bed or hung on a hanger.

Let's not also forget how great a graphic tea can be partnered with pattered shorts or a skirt. I have a leopard skirt that I love pairing with some off the shoulder graphic tees.

So, I encourage you all to look in your closet and mix things up! Let me know how it goes :)

Outfit: Top - Forever 21 ($15), Shorts - Forever 21 ($10), Scarf - H&M ($8), Hat - Forever 21 ($12), Shoes - Charlotte Russe ($25)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! I absolutely lovvvvee this! Everything about it! The hat is adorable, love the shoes. and the stripes mixed with the paisley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...